Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hot Rod Hamster

     This story looked absolutely adorable when I came across it. To then find out it was written by an honored author and illustrated by a bestselling illustrator, I knew I had to read it. The pictures were colorful and charming. The hamster's personality shined through the images on every single page. I enjoyed looking at the pictures and found myself stopping to admire them longer than most books' pictures.
     When I think about children reading this book, I can only think of positive reactions. The words of the story carry a rhythmic beat and describe the cars as the book moves along. Boys will love it for the car talk and car vocabulary. Girls will love it for the animals and fun phrases. Altogether, children will enjoy following the story's hamster as he journeys along to make a hot rod.

Hot Rod Hamster
By: Cynthia Lord
Illustrated by: Derek Anderson
Published in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment