Sunday, May 29, 2011

First The Egg

      I originally heard of this book because of the numerous awards it'd won. I had high expectations for it. Though it did turn out to be a wonderful book, I hadn't realized it'd use such few words. At first, I didn't like it. Then, after rereading I grew a stronger appreciation for the book's creativity. The illustration completed the title and the start and finished products were quick to follow. I liked the straightforward object then result.
      I feel like young children will enjoy this story, because they need to figure out what comes after the initial word expressed. The pictures are simple, but brightly colored and textured. Overall, this book may not be directly relatable for kids, but it is great for developing learning skills for problem-solution styled situations.

First The Egg
By: Laura Vaccaro Seeger
Published in 2007
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment